PUBLIC DISPLAY ON THE LIVELIHOOD RESTORATION PLAN (LRP) OF THE PROPOSED SOLAR HYBRID POWER PROJECT AND ASSOCIATED INFRASTRUCTURE ACROSS SIX STATES AND FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA ENERGIZING EDUCATION PROGRAMME (EPP) PHASE II.
In accordance with the provisions of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Act CAP E12 LFN 2004, which makes it mandatory for proponents of all new major development activities to carry out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of their proposed projects, the Federal Ministry of Environment hereby announces twenty–one (21) working days Public Display for the draft LRP reports submitted by Rural Electrification Agency (REA). This Display is to enable the public to make inputs that shall facilitate informed decisions on the projects’ LRP by the Ministry.
Brief Projects Descriptions:
The Livelihood Restoration Plan was prepared to assess the impact of the project on the livelihood of Project Affected Persons. The proposed projects are under the Federal Government’s Energizing Education Programme (EEP) Phase II and would entail the installation of the following:
- 3.0MW Solar Hybrid Power in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike Abia State.
- 10.0MW Solar Hybrid Power in the University of Maiduguri and University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, Maiduguri, Borno State.
- 2.5MW Solar Hybrid Power at University of Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja
- 2.5MW Hybrid Solar Power at Nigerian Defense Academy, Kaduna, Kaduna State.
- 3.0MW Solar Hybrid Power at the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta, Ogun State.
- 2.5MW Solar Hybrid Power at Federal University Gashua, Yobe State and;
- 5.0MW Solar Hybrid Power at the University of Calabar and University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, Calabar, Cross River State.
Click on the Links Below to download Reports
The Display Centers Are:
- Headquarters of Ikwuano (Abia State), Bade (Yobe State), Odeda (Ogun State), Calabar Municipal (Cross River State), Jere (Borno State), Abuja Municipal Area Council (FCT) and Igbabi (Kaduna State) Local Government Areas/Councils.
- Cross River, Yobe, Ogun, Kaduna, Borno, Abia State Ministries for Environment, and Abuja Environmental Protection Board, FCT.
- Federal Ministry of Environment Offices in Cross River, Yobe, Ogun, Kaduna, Borno and Abia States
- Federal Ministry of Environment, Environment House (Brown Building), Independence Way, Central Business District, Abuja-F.C.T.
Duration of Display:
Date: 12th April – 10th May 2021. Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm Daily.
ALL COMMENTS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THE HON. MINISTER, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT HEADQUARTERS, MABUCHI, ABUJA -F.C.T OR VIA MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com