The EIA Division is charged with the responsibility of implementing the EIA Act No. 86 of 1992 with the following mandates and function:
1. Registration of new projects, site verification, projects screening/scoping, TOR evaluation, EIA records.
2. Maintenance of EIA Public Registry, management of EIA data bank, etc
3. In-house review of EIA reports, panel & technical review, processing of EIA permits.
4. EIA scoping, risk assessment, review of projects, co-ordination of reviews (panel, technical, in-house, public review/ display), etc
5. Conducting IMM of approved projects, Evaluation & final EIA reports, PIAs