PUBLIC DISCLOSURE EXERCISE OF THE DRAFT ENVIRONMENT AND SOCIAL SYSTEM ASSESSMENT (ESSA) REPORTS FOR THE PROPOSED NIGERIA-COVID-19 ACTION RECOVERY AND ECONOMIC STIMULUS (N-CARES) PROGRAMME IN THE 36 (THIRTY-SIX) STATES OF THE FEDERATION AND FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY
In accordance with the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Act CAP E12 LFN 2004, which makes it mandatory for proponents of all new major development activities to carry out Environmental and Social Impact Assessment on their proposed projects, the Federal Ministry of Environment hereby announces a twenty-one (21) working days Public Notice for information and comments on the Draft Environment and Social System Assessment (ESSA) reports submitted by Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Headquarter Abuja.
Brief Project Description:
The Programme is aimed at Restoring the livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable, maintaining food security, and facilitating recovery of medium and small enterprises (MSEs) are some of the key objectives set out in government’s Economic Sustainability Plan to respond to the current economic crisis in Nigeria.
The objectives of Nigeria COVID-19 Action Recovery and Economic Stimulus (N-CARES) project will be predicated on four result areas. (i) Increased social transfer, basic services, and livelihood support to poor and vulnerable households (ii) Increasing food security and safe functioning of food supply chains for poor households (iii) Preventing collapse/facilitating recovery of household/micro enterprises (iv)Strengthened institutional support for coordination and delivery.
The Display Centers Are:
- State Ministries of Environment in all the thirty-six (36) States of Nigeria and Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB), Abuja.
- Federal Ministry of Environment Field Offices in all the thirty-six (36) states of Nigeria.
- Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning Headquarters, 816 Ahmadu Bello Way, CBD, Abuja.
- Federal Ministry of Environment, Environment House (Brown Building), Independence Way South, Central Business District, Abuja – F.C.T.
- Click to download the report. RSA Nigeria_Cares_ESSA
Duration of Display: Date: 6th October – 3rd November, 2020.
Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm Daily.