PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL MANAGEMENT PLAN (ESMP) AND ABBREVIATED RESETTLEMENT ACTION PLAN (ARAP) FOR THE RENOVATION OF MINISTRY OF MINES AND STEEL DEVELOPMENT (MMSD) AGENCIES’ (NIMG, NMDC, NGSA & NSRMEA) INFRASTRUCTURE, UNDER THE MINERAL SECTOR FOR ECONOMIC DIVERSIFICATION (MINDIVER) PROJECT.
In accordance with the provisions of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Act CAP E12 LFN 2004, which makes it mandatory for proponents of all new major development activities to carry out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of their proposed project, the Federal Ministry of Environment hereby announces twenty–one (21) working days Public Disclosure on the Draft Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) and Abbreviated Resettlement Action Plan (ARAP) for the above-stated projects submitted by the Ministry of Mines and Steel Development. This disclosure is to enable the public to make input that shall facilitate informed decision taking by the Ministry on the project’s ESMP and ARAP. Click Here to Download Report ARAP- Rehabilitation of Ladi Kwali Pottery Center
Brief Project Description:
The proposed project entails minor rehabilitation and renovation of infrastructure belonging to the Ministry’s Agencies. Some partial demolition and reconstruction work, as well as landscaping, would be carried out. The beneficiary agencies are- Nigerian Institute for Mining and Geosciences (NIMG), Jos, Plateau State; National Metallurgical Development Centre (NMDC), Jos, Plateau State; National Geosciences Research Laboratories (NGRL), Kaduna State; National Steel Raw Material Exploration Agency (NSRMEA); Ladi Kwali Pottery Centre, Suleja, Niger State. Click Here to Download Report ARAP- Rehabilitation of Ladi Kwali Pottery Center
The Display Centres Are:
- Plateau State Ministry of Environment, State Secretariat, Jos.
- Kaduna State Ministry of Environment, State Secretariat, Kaduna.
- Niger State Ministry of Environment and Forestry, State Secretariat, Minna
- Federal Ministry of Environment Office, Jos, Plateau State.
- Federal Ministry of Environment Office, Kaduna, Kaduna State.
- Federal Ministry of Environment Office, Minna, Niger State.
- Federal Ministry of Environment, Environment House (Brown Building), Independence Way South, Central Business District, Abuja, FCT.
- Click Here to Download Report ARAP- Rehabilitation of Ladi Kwali Pottery Center
Duration of Display:
Date: 17th December 2020 – 18th January 2021. Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm Daily.
ALL COMMENTS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THE HON. MINISTER, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT HEADQUARTERS, MABUCHI, ABUJA -F.C.T OR VIA MAIL email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org