PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT OF THE PROPOSED PHASE III ENERGIZING EDUCATION PROGRAM IN EIGHT FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES AND ADJOINING TEACHING HOSPITALS ACROSS SIX GEO-POLITICAL ZONES IN NIGERIA BY RURAL ELECTRIFICATION AGENCY (REA).
In accordance with the provisions of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Act Cap E12 LFN 2004, which makes it mandatory for proponents of all new major development activities to carry out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of their proposed projects, the Federal Ministry of Environment hereby announces a twenty–one (21) working days Public disclosure for information and comments on the Environmental and Social Management Plan Document submitted by Rural Electrification Agency (REA).
The Disclosure Centers Are:
- Affected Local Government Areas in the Eight Affected States.
- Nasarawa, Kogi, Imo, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Ondo, Katsina & Adamawa State’s Ministries of Environment
- Federal Ministry of Environment Offices across Nasarawa, Kogi, Imo, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Ondo, Katsina & Adamawa States;
- Federal Ministry of Environment, Environment House (Brown Building), Independence Way, Central Business District, Abuja-FCT.
- Click to Download: ESIA Report – FUDMA
This proposed Energizing Education Program (EEP) initiatives by REA is an off-grid captive power plant for the generation and provision of uninterrupted power supply to eight Federal Universities across Nasarawa, Kogi, Imo, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Ondo, Katsina & Adamawa States and University Teaching Hospitals across the Six Geopolitical Zones in Nigeria.
Duration of Disclosure:
Date: 30th October to 27th November, 2023. Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm Daily.
ALL COMMENTS RECEIVED SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THE HON. MINISTER, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT MABUSHI, ABUJA ON OR BEFORE 3RD DECEMBER, 2023.
FOR: HONOURABLE MINISTER.