PUBLIC DISPLAY OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT (ESIA) OF THE PROPOSED INTERNATIONAL CARGO AIRPORT, IN EZZA NORTH AND EZZA SOUTH LGAs, EBONYI STATE BY EBONYI STATE GOVERNMENT.
In accordance with the provisions of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Act Cap E12 LFN 2004, which makes it mandatory for proponents of all new major development activities to carry out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of their proposed projects, the Federal Ministry of Environment hereby announces twenty–one (21) working days Public Notice for information and comments on the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) report submitted by Ebonyi State Government. This display is to enable the public to make input that shall facilitate informed decision-making on the project.
Brief Project Description:
The proposed project entails the construction of an International Cargo Airport with components such as a runway and parallel taxiway of 3,100meters with 7.5 meters shoulder on both sides, a Control tower, Facilities for air navigation both visual and Instrument Flight Rules (IFR), Control cabin, Terminal Building for Processing Passengers, Cargo Building, Hanger and other associated facilities on a land take of 16sq.Km in Ezza North and Ezza South Local Government Areas in Ebonyi State.
The Display Centers Are:
- Headquarters, Ezza North Local Government Area, Ebiji, Ebonyi State.
- Headquarters, Ezza South Local Government Area, Onueke, Ebonyi State.
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Environment Office, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State
- Federal Ministry of Environment Office, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State
- Federal Ministry of Environment, Environment House (Brown Building), Independence Way, Central Business District, Abuja-FCT.
Duration of Display:
Date: 18th November – 16th December, 2020. Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm Daily.