PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL MANAGEMENT PLAN (ESMP) FOR THE PROPOSED STORMWATER MANAGEMENT WORKS FOR TUDUN WADA/MABERA, SOKOTO SOUTH L.G.A, SOKOTO STATE BY SOKOTO STATE NIGERIA EROSION AND WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT (NEWMAP).
In accordance with the provisions of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Act Cap E12 LFN 2004, which makes it mandatory for proponents of all new major development activities to carry out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of their proposed projects, the Federal Ministry of Environment hereby announces a twenty–one (21) working days Public disclosure for information and comments on the Environmental and Social Management Plan Document submitted by Sokoto State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP).
EIA Report Display Centers Are:
- Sokoto South Local Government Council, Sarkin Zamfara, Sokoto State
- Sokoto State Ministry of the Environment Office, Sokoto, Sokoto State.
- Sokoto State NEWMAP Office, Sokoto, Sokoto State
- Federal Ministry of Environment Office, Sokoto, Sokoto State.
- Federal Ministry of Environment, Environment House (Brown Building), Independence Way, Central Business District, Abuja-F.C.T.
Duration of Disclosure: Date: 24th August – 21st September, 2020. Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm Daily.
Brief Project Description:
The proposed flood and erosion control measures comprises of reconstruction of existing storm water drainage channels, Construction of new storm water drainage channels and bank stabilization along a total of seventeen drains with a total length of 18.59Km at Tundu Wada/Mabera, Sokoto South Local Government Area, Sokoto State.