PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL MANAGEMENT PLANS (ESMPs) AND ABBREVIATED RESETTLEMENT ACTION PLAN (ARAP) FOR IPAO I & II, OGBOMU, ARINKIN BRIDGE & IRELE GULLY HEALTH CENTRE AND REHABILITATION OF AIYA I & II, AJOLAGUN & OSUN IN EKITI STATE BY EKITI STATE NEWMAP.
In accordance with the provisions of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Act Cap E12 LFN 2004, which makes it mandatory for proponents of all new major development activities to carry out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of their proposed projects, the Federal Ministry of Environment hereby announces a twenty–one (21) working days Public disclosure for information and comments on the Environmental and Social Management Plan and Abbreviated Resettlement Action Plan Document submitted by Ekiti State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP).
The Disclosure Centers Are:
- Ikole Local Government Council, Ikole, Ekiti State
- Ikere Local Government Council. Ikere, Ekiti State
- Ekiti State Ministry of the Environment, Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State.
- Federal Ministry of Environment Office, Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State.
- Federal Ministry of Environment, Environment House (Brown Building), Independence Way, Central Business District, Abuja-FCT.
- Click this link to download the reports Draft ARAP Report for Ekiti NEWMAP Lot 1 concelled; Ek-NEWMAP – ESMP-Rehab of Aiya I&II-Rev ; Ek-NEWMAP-ESMP-Ipao-Ogbomu-Rev
This proposed intervention involves the rehabilitation of the river channel running from Ipao 1&11, Ogbomu, Arinkin Bridge, Irele Health Centre corridor. The Ipao 1&11, Ogbomu, Arinkin Bridge, Irele Health Centre site is located at Ipao and Irele in Ikole Local Government Area, Ekiti State an Abbreviated Resettlement action plan has been put in place for the identified project affected persons for the project. The project also involves the rehabilitation and channelization of the river channel running from the Aiya I &II, Ajolagun & Osun corridor, and this site is located at Ikere-Ekiti in Ikere Local Government Area, Ekiti State.
Duration of Disclosure:
Date: 18th May – 15th June, 2021. Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm Daily.