PUBLIC DISCLOSURE EXERCISE OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK (ESMF), STAKEHOLDERS ENGAGEMENT PLAN (SEP), UPDATED ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL COMMITMENT PLAN (ESCP) and Updated REDISSE HEALTHCARE WASTE MANAGEMENT PLAN REPORTS FOR THE NIGERIA COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS & RESPONSE, ADDITONAL FINANCING AND RESTRUCTURING OF CoPREP UNDER THE COVID-19 STRATEGIC PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE PROGRAM (SPRP)
In accordance with the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Act CAP E12 LFN 2004, which makes it mandatory for proponents of all new major development activities to carry out Environmental and Social Impact Assessment on their proposed projects, the Federal Ministry of Environment hereby announces a twenty-one (21) working days Public Notice for information and comments on the Draft ESMF, SEP and ESCP reports.
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) through the Ministry of Health and with support from the World Bank is implementing the Nigeria COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Project (CoPREP) referred to as parent project. CoPREP will address immediate critical country needs for preparedness and response for COVID-19. The project development of CoPREP projects (parent project, additional financing and the restructuring project) is to prevent, detect and respond to the threat posed by COVID-19 at state level in Nigeria. The CoPREP will be coordinated by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) with support from the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) for vaccine component and will be implemented in the thirty-six (36) States in Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The project will include rehabilitation and renovation of healthcare facilities including refurbishments of medical centres, minor renovation of isolation and treatment centres including community support centers, provision of wash stations in public locations, equipping laboratories, acquisition & deployment of vaccines to populations and the use of security as members of the vaccination teams.
The Display Centers are:
- State Ministries of Environment in all the thirty-six (36) States of Nigeria and Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB), Abuja.
- Federal Ministry of Environment Field Offices in all the thirty-six (36) states of Nigeria.
- Federal Ministry of Health, Federal Secretariat Complex, Ahmadu Bello Way, Abuja.
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Plot 804 Ebitu Ukiwe Street, Jabi, Abuja
- National Primary Healthcare Development Agency (NPHCDA), 681/682 Port Harcourt Crescent, Garki, Abuja.
- National Agency for Food and Drug Administration & Control (NAFDAC), Plot 2032 Olusegun Obasanjo Way, Zone 7, Abuja.
- Federal Ministry of Environment, Environment House (Brown Building), Independence Way South, Central Business District, Abuja – F.C.T.
Please hit the link below to view the reports
ALL COMMENTS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THE HONOURABLE MINISTER, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT ON OR BEFORE 30th SEPTEMBER, 2021.