PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF THE DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL SYSTEM ASSESSMENT (ESSA), THE ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL COMMITMENT PLAN (ESCP) AND STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT PLAN (SEP) FOR STATE ACTION ON BUSINESS ENABLING REFORMS (SABER) PROGRAM BY FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE `BUDGET AND NATIONAL PLANNING.
In accordance with the provisions of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Act CAP E12 LFN 2004, which makes it mandatory for proponents of all new major development activities to carry out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of their proposed projects, the Federal Ministry of Environment hereby announces twenty–one (21) working days Public Notice for information and comments on the draft documents submitted by Federal Ministry of Finance Budget and National Planning.
The Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC) of the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Nigeria Governor’s Forum in consultation with States and Support from World Bank have designed a 3-year performance based intervention program called the State Action on Business Enabling Reforms (SABER) the program is aimed to incentivize and strengthen the implementation of business enabling reforms across Nigerian States and FCT.
The Display Centers Are:
- State’s Ministries of Environment across Nigeria
- Abuja Environmental Protection Board, CBD, Abuja
- Federal Ministry of Environment Field Offices across Nigeria
- Federal Ministry of Environment, Environment House (Brown Building), Independence Way, Central Business District, Abuja-F.C.T.
- Click on this links to download the reports Environment and Social Commitment Plan NGA-SABER-ESSA-APPRAISAL Stakeholder Engagement Plan
Duration of Display:
Date: 22nd September to 20th October, 2022. Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm Daily.
ALL COMMENTS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THE PERMANENT SECRETARY, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT ON OR BEFORE 28TH OCTOBER, 2022.