PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT (ESIA) FOR THE PROPOSED REHABILITATION OF LUGU EARTH DAM, LUGU, WURNO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, SOKOTO STATE BY SOKOTO STATE NIGERIA EROSION AND WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT (NEWMAP).
In accordance with the provisions of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Act Cap E12 LFN 2004, which makes it mandatory for proponents of all new major development activities to carry out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of their proposed project, the Federal Ministry of Environment hereby announces a twenty–one (21) working days Public disclosure for information and comments on the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Document submitted by Sokoto State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP).
EIA Report Display Centers Are:
- Wurno Local Government Council, Wurno, Sokoto State
- Sokoto State Ministry of the Environment Office, Sokoto, Sokoto State.
- Sokoto State NEWMAP Office, Sokoto, Sokoto State
- Federal Ministry of Environment Office, Sokoto, Sokoto State.
- Federal Ministry of Environment, Environment House (Brown Building), Independence Way, Central Business District, Abuja-F.C.T.
Duration of Disclosure: Date: 24th August – 21st September, 2020. Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm Daily.
Brief Project Description:
The proposed flood and erosion control measures for the Lugu Dam and Wurno Irrigation Scheme comprises of Rehabilitation of the dam embankment, Re-construction of the service and auxiliary spillways, provision of an emergency spillway, installation of collector or trunk drains at the toe of the dam and drain inlet structures at Wurno Local Government Area, Sokoto State.