PUBLIC DISCLOSURE EXERCISE OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL MANAGEMENT PLAN (ESMP) REPORTS FOR DOMA-LAFIA, KEFFI, NASARAWA AND TOTO GULLY EROSION SITES IN NASARAWA STATE BY NASARAWA STATE NIGERIA EROSION AND WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT (NAS-NEWMAP)
In accordance with the provisions of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Act CAP E12 LFN 2004, which makes it mandatory for proponents of all new major development activities to carry out Environmental Impact Assessment of their proposed projects, the Federal Ministry of Environment hereby announces a Twenty–One (21) Working Days Public Notice for information and comments.
Please see a link to the reports below.
The Display Centers are:
- Nasarawa State Ministry of Environment, Lafia, Nasarawa State.
- Headquarters, Doma Local Government Area, Nasarawa State.
- Headquarters, Lafia Local Government Area, Nasarawa State.
- Headquarters, Keffi Local Government Area, Nasarawa State.
- Headquarters, Nasarawa Local Government Area, Nasarawa State.
- Headquarters, Toto Local Government Area, Nasarawa State.
- Federal Ministry of Environment Office, Lafia, Nasarawa State.
- Environment House (Brown Building), Independence Way South, Central Business District, Abuja - F.C.T.
Brief Project Description:
The approach and design adopted for the rehabilitation of the gully erosion include civil works such as; construction of new drains and drainage support systems, reclamation of gully heads, provision of concrete channels and check dams, reinforcement of gully walls, gully bed stabilization and bio-engineering.
Duration of Display:
Date: 26th July – 23rd August 2021.
ALL COMMENTS RECEIVED SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THE HONOURABLE MINISTER, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT ON OR BEFORE 30th AUGUST, 2021.